By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to purchase a meal plan?

Yes! It's a great value and it is Western State Colorado University policy that all designated Campus Residents in a traditional resident hall must purchase a meal plan each semester. Contact Residence Life for more information. (970) 943-2101

What are Flex Dollars?

Flex Dollars are specific cash values included in all meal plans. They work like a pre-paid debit card with funds kept on your Mountaineer Card. Flex Dollars may be used at any on-campus dining location.

Do Flex Dollars carry over from semester to semester?

They are designed to be used during the semester they are purchased and are not carried over from semester to semester.

Do Block Meals carry over from semester to semester?

Good news block meals plan carry over from semester to semester. But, they do not carry over from academic year to year.

Can I change my meal plan if it does not fit my needs?

Yes! Changing to a bigger or smaller meal plan can be done by Wednesday of the first week of school. Changing to a larger plan is possible at any time during the semester. All other changes must be requested by the Director of Housing at (970) 943-2101.

If I'm not a Resident Hall Student, where do I buy my meal plan?

If you live off-campus, you can purchase a traditional meal plan through the Residence Life Office in the College Center. We have also designed special meal plans just for you called “Voluntary Meal Plans including the Mountaineer 20 plus 25 Flex, Mountaineer 40 plus 50 Flex, and Mountaineer 80 plus 100 Flex Dollars."

What is “Mountaineer” Cash?

“Mountaineer” Cash is a smart and easy way to make purchases at any dining location on campus. “Mountaineer” Cash are stored on your student ID card so there is no need to worry about carrying around cash; just present your Mountaineer Card at the time of purchase and the cashier will take care of the rest!

In This Section
Important Info

Lost or Stolen Meal Cards
Lost or stolen Meal Cards can be replaced.  Should this happen to you please visit the Mountaineer Card office and they will be happy to help you!

Do you have particular dietary needs? 
Please let us know!  Our Campus Dining Services Program can accommodate your special dietary requirements.  For more information, please contact your management team.

Dining Policies
You never have to be too shy to ask for seconds with our Campus Dining Program.  Our generous “all you care to eat” policy allows you to eat as much as you want while you are here. 

One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures:

  • Please bus your dishes and disposables from your table when you have finished dining
  • Please refrain from taking food, dishes or utensils from the dining area.
  • Remember that Meal Cards are non-transferable.  Meal cards cannot be used by anyone but the purchaser.

Click here for information on the Mountaineer Card and where Mountaineer Cash can be spent around campus

Western State Colorado University | Dining Services | University Center, RM 111D | Gunnison, CO 81231 | tel. (970) 943-2000 | Contact Us